In the mountains

Just got back from a weekend in the Adirondacks at a small family-owned camp called The Waldheim. It was nice to be in the country for a few days and see some wildlife. In addition the kitchen there makes some killer meals.

It's around 5.5 hours from Boston up to Big Moose Lake, NY where the camp is located. The way back I had to drive solo. My voice is sore from singing along with my tunes. And I think I might be getting old, because driving for that long was kind of taxing. I feel like desperately long roadtrips used to be a piece of cake for me. I guess not anymore.

Also, Wednesday's my half birthday. More proof I'm getting older.

2 comments:

Dan Wolchonok said...

I think you just needed a good old fashioned game of rock paper scissors slap to keep yourself in the zone.

Anonymous said...

Happy Half Birthday, Doo!