Mumbai

I saw the Taj Mahal over the weekend. It lived up to expectations. Words and pictures don't do it justice.

I'm in Mumbai now, a much more vertical and metropolitan city than Delhi. We've been hearing a lot about the "two Indias" (meaning the poor India and the booming white collar workers and upper class who make up the other India). That difference is in much starker contrast here, with more fancy cars and luxury brands than I saw in Delhi.

I've followed a bit of the news from Japan, though not as much as I would like. A handful of my classmates have been there for the past two weeks. They cut their trip short and left the country safely on Monday.

1 comment:

DG said...

I wondered if you had classmates visiting Japan. Glad they are home safely. They will be telling that story to their grandchildren! Also glad to hear the Taj Mahal was beyond expectations! I hope to go there within the next five years.