Work

So I'm now a working stiff. I've begun work in Accounts Payable at Digitas. The details of the job are relevant, but I don't suppose they're interesting enough to write here. In short, I get a bunch of bills from different companies, and then I help my company write the checks. At least that's the basic idea.
There's been a lot of new stuff these first few days. There's the commute, which is really pretty easy; I walk two blocks to the T, get off in three stops, then walk three blocks. I work on the 19th floor of a new building right on the edge of Boston's financial district. I've got a shiny new cubicle, which you can see right here. There's been so much to absorb, but it's all been pretty cool. I think part of that is the novelty of all these new situations. Hopefully when the novelty wears off, I won't become entirely disenchanted with riding the T with all the other commuters and waiting for the slow elevators and all that other stuff.

Through the first week, I had a wide range of emotions when I came home from work in the evenings. The first two days (a general orientation on the first day and exposure to everything I'll be doing on the second) were pretty overwhelming. I was totally intimidated by everything I needed to learn. But by Thursday, thanks to feeling more comfortable with the work and getting to know my coworkers better, I felt a lot better about it all. So things are good.

No comments: