Disguises

I don't think I have a future in costume making, but for the record, here's two recent costume making adventures.  The first one was just for fun, the second one was for profit!

We begin with my Halloween costume.  It's based on the main character in the Transformers cartoon.  He's Optimus Prime, an awesome, but boxy-looking dude.  This character was Optimus Sub-Prime who features "FORECLOSED" and "We'll Finance Anyone" signs all over.  Well-received but a bit clumsy at the Halloween party.

The second costume-making effort is a little more easy to recognize.  I ran a road race with some friends Sunday and along with the normal top male and top female divisions, there was also a top Santa division.  I shopped around for a few Santa costumes Saturday, but found they were all pretty expensive.  I opted to make my own out of thrift store clothes.  Here's the result.
I ended up taking first place in the Santa division and a sweet cash prize.  The first I've ever won in a race.  Clearly I should've been running in disguises this whole time.  I got to treat my running buddies (not dressed as Santas) to brunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa's got skinny legs! Time to eat some more milk and cookies. DG friended you on Facebook...