Too much to record

As I get towards the end of my work here in "Salone," I see that there's so much I want to record and remember.  Everything about my daily experiences -- the walk to work, the street corners I know so well, the people I recognize, the greetings I've learned, the shortcuts I use, the bread vendors and peanut vendors and snack vendors I've met, the coworkers I greet, and on and on -- all these are things that I want to be able to remember and capture but that I know I won't be able to.  It's frankly made me a bit frantic in these last few days as I know that some of the details of this amazing experience will slowly but surely begin to fade in my memory.

I want to write about all of it and take pictures of everything but I know that this won't be enough.  

It's not all glum here, by any means!  But as I reflect on the unique opportunity that I've had, I realize that the one thing I'll miss the most is simply living in a very different reality.  And no amount of recording can capture that.


Flying out Monday, then several days in Europe.

  

No comments: