Box of staples

I passed a milestone at work today. I finished a box of staples. I had been waiting for this time to come. And to be honest I never thought it would be possible to go through 5000 staples. (Sophomore year Mike Don took a box of staples from the English department, and I don't think we used more than 30 staples between the two of us. He still had a very full box of staples when we graduated.)

But in the work I do every day at The 'Tas, as it's known in my apartment, I use a lot of staples. Actually I use one staple every time I pay a bill (it's kind of the cherry on top of the sundae...)

Now, I'm not celebrating this event, per se. That would suggest that I use accomplishments such as this in my work to measure my worth as an individual. Or even that I pay attention to such inane facts as how many staples I've used. (Who would do that.) This is somewhere between an achievement and a mile marker on my road to... um... somewhere that I'm going. It is what it is. And it's a lot of bills.

No comments: