Beers

A couple things about beer.

I had the pleasure of attending a friend's engagement party this weekend (congrats Lewis). Someone brought a case of Coors Light with WIDE MOUTH cans that are now VENTED. I'm not sure how I ever enjoyed beer before the advent of this amazing combination of features. Thanks to the gifted can engineer who came up with that one. I thought those color-changing beer bottle wrappers (you know, the mountains turn blue when the beer's cold) were the pinnacle of excellence, but I now stand corrected.

Also, how about this news release from two years back about the head of the Coors family being pulled over for a DUI and having it reduced to a DWAI (Driving While Ability Impaired). Regardless of the charge, he was over the legal limit and driving. I'd call it ironic, but I don't think that's a strong enough characterization.

Finally, now that Coors is part of MillerCoors (though formerly there was SABMiller and MolsonCoors... now it's merged... I forget...) and Anheuser-Busch InBev have sealed a deal, I've read that Boston's own Sam Adams is now the biggest American-owned brewery in the US per this link. Go Boston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DWAI (Don't worry about it)