Boarding House Living in Freetown

I'm living in a family's home on the west side of Freetown.  The home is owned by Mummy K, the grandmother of the family, and her granddaughter Vickie is the one who runs the boarding house side of things.  A friend of a friend of mine who lives in Freetown suggested I connect with Vickie for a place to stay.  Along with Vickie and Mummy K, there are another two or three aunts and seven or eight cousins who live here or in the connected house and are in and out all the time.  I've got my own room which locks and has mosquito netting, and there's power.  Sometimes there's power.  

I really like the place as it provides me with people to talk with and some local wisdom that I don't think I'd get if I stayed in one of the longterm hotels downtown.  For example on my first day in Freetown, one of the cousins gave me advice on catching a taxi and finding a mobile phone.  

1 comment:

DG said...

I'm glad you found such a good place to live.