An Open Letter to Candy, Inc.

Dear Hershey's and M&M/Mars Product Managers,

I'm writing with genuine concern for your companies' long term economic well-being. Specifically, I'm worried about the cyclical nature of the candy business, most notably the seasonal downturn we've just entered now that Easter is over. I think we can all agree that the weeks from Halloween through Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter are pretty good to America's candy companies. You might say it's a treat for you and your shareholders. But as I'm sure you're aware there's a relative dearth of candy holidays coming up. Essentially, we're no longer in the sweet spot of the calendar. With this in mind, I have a few ideas that I'd like to share with you that I feel will contribute to your firms' competitive advantage. Please check back for some ideas that I feel will broaden your customer base and increase your sales. As any consultant would, I plan to charge you like 10 times what's reasonable. (This means you'll have to pay me like 50 candy bars.)

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.